Monday 26 January 2015

A Poem

Another Monday, cold and grey. 
Even the smell of freshly brewed coffee can't make the cobwebs go away.
The thought of permanent sleep is close to my heart,
But I am a victim of my art. 
I need to play, but that can't be done,
The reasons for this a far more than one...
Why did I end up here in a place that I hate? 
Another reason I can not relate.

Am I a poet? Good heaven's NO
I'm dreaming of somewhere nice to go.
A place all sunny, bright and so gay
That it makes the nightly demons go away
Perhaps with a sparkly beach near by
So that I can sit down on golden sand and cry.
The waves will wash my tears away
And maybe that will be a place where I can stay.
A place of beauty and warmth and no snow
So that my inner self can come back and glow.

I just wish to be happy and have fun and play
And not be surrounded by all this grey.
Yes, I am lonely and I feel sad
In spite of some good things, and that makes me feel bad.
My spirit has left me and my freezing heart.
Where do I look to for rescue? My art?

It's just another Monday, cold and grey
And the coffee did not make the cobwebs go away....

No comments:

Post a Comment